Tuesday, February 10, 2015

"Hope Is Knowing That People, Like Kites, Are Made To Be Lifted Up." ~ Author Unknown

Once again, it's been way too long since I've updated you all. (I apologize profusely!)  So I'm going to try to keep it shorter by just showing you what happened in pictures.

Halloween crafts!



Junior High Art


Proof that sometimes, my desk is clean... but not very often.

Jeff with one of our kids in his Halloween costume

Still planting in October!


I was Peggy Carter before it was cool.
Not a flight attendant, like everyone thought!  Only she knows my pain.

I don't know why I didn't get a group picture of all the kids in their costumes on our field trip to Lincoln Park for Trick-or-Treating!  But they were all adorable, and had a lot of fun.

See?  I'm there!  And they stole my camera again. ;-)

Art, the building janitor, caught a bunny in the church courtyard.
Then he brought it out to Miss Barb in the garden.
While the K-3rd graders were there.

So now Kevin and I have a bunny.

Meet Scout.


Parenting Classes, Family potluck!







One of the kids gave me his mom's recipe for Chicken Salad.  It's delicious.

This Advent, our K-3rd graders were visited by Kindness Elves.

Kindness Elves encourage the kids to be nice others, and think about good things.

Like things they're thankful for (they decorated the tree with that).

And who they could pray for

And who they could share with



And what they like about others
 
And who they could do nice things for

Like the birds in winter
And they could make New Years Wishing Wands to wish for good things for everyone.
 Plus, they're way less creepy than "Elf on a Shelf"... and less expensive (Shhh!)

They were surprised when I caught them reading.

And he was super excited about the "Annoying Orange" that his teacher gave him.

And this happened...
He did good.

Christmas Lights!

Learning Hangman in Kindergarten... not bad.



Christmas Craft!


He's happy because it's edible.
(Ice cream cone covered in green frosting and decorated with candy.)






And Christmas Party!

Thanks to Baseline and LifeSong Community Churches!

















And all who donated gifts for kids to give their parents
















Still had to do homework.




The High Schoolers got into it too!



















All we had left.

I turned 30.


This is what I do on my breaks, apparently... dog shaming.

And last month, we went to Harry Potter Land!
 Sorry if you're not nerdy enough for this next bit.
And saw Hogwarts!

Heading into Hogwarts!

And toward the Hogwarts Express (with my officiant!)

I've been saving up for SO LONG to be able to do this!  And that was just for the plane ticket, food, and entry.


We also visited the Homework House in Azusa to trade ideas!

Last week, they filmed a music video in our (First Pres.'s) gym

And the decorations were a lot of fun!

Ok, I'll try to do better at keeping up!  Feel free to comment if you have any questions about anything you saw here.

But in the meantime, if you were touched by anything you saw here, please consider helping me stay at this work by clicking on the "Donate Now!" button at the top and typing Kids Coordinator into the Comments section.  Every little bit helps!




No comments:

Post a Comment

Remember what your mother taught you: If you don't have anything nice to say, don't say anything at all.